Privacy & Security
This page is designed to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information that you provide to us during your use of the AbdullahAid.org.uk website and any communication (for example email) made between us relating to such use.
Abdullah Aid is the data controller of the information you provide. Abdullah Aid COI (Abdullah Aid) is a charity registered in England and Wales with registered charity number 1165916. Our registered office address is - 81 Upton Lane, Forest Gate, London, E7 9PB
Your Information and Why We Process It
The information we collect when you make a donation with us includes: name, email address telephone number and address - only when donor has opted for Gift Aid. On occasion, we may also require further documentation which will act as proof of identity for prevention of fraud. Through your project testimonials or surveys you may provide us further personal data including gender or we may collect such data from third party data aggregators. Further we may have profiling data technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country of where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked to, IP addresses and cookies.
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few reasons why we use your personal details:
1. if you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone, email;
2. to process any donations that you make on our website or via telephone call;
3. to make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs including serving you with any pop-up messages;
4. if you have donated to us we may contact you from time to time, by SMS, email or telephone regarding our latest projects that we think you may be interested in;
5. if you would like us to provide you with feedback on projects that you have donated towards by email or SMS;
6. promoting and advertising (including personalisation) of our projects and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet;
7. promoting and advertising our projects and services to you via email, SMS;
8. to train our employees to ensure that we are providing the best possible service;
9. to get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
10. when you provide a review/testimonial on our website;
11. matching and aggregating your personal data for analysis and to provide you with a more personalised experience;
12. to analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
13. when you engage with us on any social media platform;
14. we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and projects and if we need to verify your identity;
15. for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes;
16. for crime or fraud prevention purposes.
Basis For Processing
For Abdullah Aid to be allowed to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The data protection legislation sets out what these bases are. We have described below the different bases that we rely on and provided examples of the processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we have to process your personal data. When you donate on our website, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract. If you do not provide your details we won’t be able to complete your donation.
Sometimes we are required to process the personal data that we hold about you for legal reasons - for example, if you donate selecting the option to include GiftAid.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. When we do this we will always consider your interests and balance any positive or negative impact relating to such processing and your legal rights relating to data protection. The legitimate interests of Abdullah Aid do not automatically override your interests.
If you do not want us to process any of the personal data we have listed as being processed for legitimate purposes, you have the right to object. For more information see the section below relating to your rights. Please note that if you object we may still continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances. Please also remember that if we can’t process your personal data for these purposes your donor experience may not be as enjoyable.
Our legitimate interests include:
· analysing and understanding your donation journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction;
· sending you email or SMS marketing messages, if you have previously donated to us;
· calling you to discuss the delivery of your donation and any other services that we would like to offer you;
· promoting and advertising our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet;
· analysing our website’s performance and solving any problems
· staff training
· personalisation of your donation experience.
In some cases, we will ask whether you would like us to process your personal data. For example, when you opt to provide GiftAid.
If you provide us with consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
When We'll Contact You
We may contact you by telephone or email after your donation to discuss the delivery and make sure we satisfy your requirements. We may also offer you other services which relate to the projects that you have donated towards. If you request us to provide feedback on projects may contact you around or after the completion of the project If you do not wish to receive these calls, please contact us by phone or email.
We like to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions, but you can opt out of receiving email and text messages from us at any time. To do this, you can click the unsubscribe link that appears on the SMS, click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our unsolicited marketing emails, or contact our office team. It may take a couple of days for all of our systems to update, so bear with us whilst we process your request. Please note, if you submit information but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use the details you've submitted to contact you to complete your donation.
If you have asked us to notify you when new projects become available, the email will not have an unsubscribe link in it as it is a single email notification. Unsubscribing from marketing will not affect your ability to receive a new project notification.
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by email to ask a question about your donation or our projects, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help.
Information We'll Share
· where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request);
· when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example insight companies, marketing communications providers or IT service providers. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf; they cannot use your data for any other purpose e.g. their own marketing purposes;
· where you have opted to Gift Aid a donation relevant information will be provided to HMRC for Gift Aid claim purposes.
We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
We sometimes may share anonymised information and analytics with third parties but not in a way that they could identify you as an individual.
We use third party payment service providers which are integrated into our website. When you pay using one of these methods e.g. Stripe (used for credit/debit card payments), you are redirected to the provider’s portal. Your use of these services are subject to the terms and conditions (and privacy policies) of the payment providers.
Transfers To Third Countries
Abdullah Aid may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. This will only be as a result of our service providers being based outside of this area e.g. cloud hosting service providers such as Google Web Services, Google Suit or Google Drive. We will always ensure that such providers are in a country that has been assessed to provide adequate protection to personal data by the European Commission together with complying to the UK Data Protection Act 2018, or if the service provider signs a contract with us which contains the relevant protections for you; for example, if a company is based in the United States of America and has signed up to the Privacy Shield we may also send personal data to them for the limited purposes referred to above.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary in line with the reason that we collected it from you and to meet any legal requirements (such as resolving a dispute). The time that the personal data is kept for is called the retention period. We retain your personal data relating to your donation for a period of 10 years after you donate.
If you call or message our office team with an enquiry (but do not make a donation) we will keep your personal data for one month.
If you ask us to notify you about an out of stock item, we will do so if it becomes available within one month of your request.
If you receive marketing emails and SMS from us and have not unsubscribed from these messages we will continue to process your personal data for this purpose for a maximum period of four years. You may ask us to stop processing for this purpose at any time.
You have a set of legal rights in relation to your personal data. These rights are to ensure that you are in control of how your personal data is used by organisations. We have provided a summary of your rights below:
· You have the right to know what personal data we store that relates to you (also known as a subject access request);
· If any personal data is not correct (for example it is old information), you have the right for it to be corrected;
· You have the right to tell us to stop using your personal data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing;
· You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to any processing, which was based on you giving consent;
· You have the right to ask us to no longer process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not prejudice you.
· You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. The right to erasure is not an absolute right.
· You have the right to ask for an individual to review any decision made using an automated process.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
If you ask us to no longer send you any marketing (by email or SMS) please allow 48 hours for your request to be processed in our system. You can unsubscribe from email and SMS by clicking on the link in the SMS or email. If you ask for us not to call you for marketing purposes, please allow 48 hours for us to action this request.
Contacting The Information Commissioner's Office
If you are not happy with the way in which we have dealt with your personal data or your enquiries relating to that personal data, it is your right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator. The regulator is the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find more detail at www.ico.org.uk.
We’re always looking for new ways to improve your experience with us, that’s why we love hearing from you. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you’d like to amend or stop us from processing your data (for marketing purposes), please contact us. You can get in touch by giving our friendly contact centre a call on 0208 279 0166 or you can write to us at our registered office address - 81 Upton Lane, Forest Gate, London, E7 9PB.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). You may contact the DPO by writing to us at the registered office address set out above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is important to us which is why we’ve ensured every part of our site uses secure connections. Look for the green padlock in the address bar and the letters ‘https’, as these should always be present when browsing our site.
We only take orders through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. There’s no way you can order through an unsecured connection.
To keep you safe, we take appropriate precautions to make sure your details are kept safe. This covers everything from ensuring our teams are well trained in the security risks and vulnerabilities today, to implementing security compliant IT solutions.
We’re constantly monitoring and testing our IT systems and using the latest technology to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks to provide a safe and secure shopping environment.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies are small file containing letters and numbers that is stored in your browser or the hard drive of your device and it is used to transfer information.